Position Title: Digital Marketing Assistant
Position Type: Temporary, Part-time, 30hrs/week, through end of December
Level: High school diploma or equivalent.
Salary Range: $20/hr
Benefits: As required by law for a temp worker.
Location: United States/ Remote
Term: 3 months, with possibility to extend.
How to Apply: Please apply at the following link: https://form.jotform.com/232415223319852
Nature and Culture International – About Us
At Nature and Culture International, we work in close and collaborative partnership with rural and indigenous communities to conserve diverse and fragile ecosystems and develop and support sustainable ways of life. For more than 20 years, we have implemented a highly acclaimed and locally based conservation model resulting in the legal protection of more than 22 million acres of the most biodiverse ecosystems in Latin America. We have 70+ team members in nine offices in Ecuador, Peru, and Mexico with additional projects in Bolivia, Colombia, and Brazil through partner organizations. We have helped save thousands of irreplaceable plant and animal species, mitigate climate change through carbon storage and sequestration, and secure clean water and other benefits for hundreds of thousands of people. We have also increased the income of 300 local communities through our sustainable development activities.
Your Position with Us:
As a Digital Marketing Assistant, you will play an integral role in enhancing our social media reach and engagement. Your primary focus will be on expanding our social audiences and using creative storytelling techniques to captivate existing followers, including valued donors and key stakeholders. Additionally, you’ll provide valuable assistance in analyzing social data and metrics to uncover insights that guide our strategies.
You will contribute to our communications efforts across major US social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, X/Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Collaborating with our Latin American team, you’ll assist in the translation and adaptation of posts from our Latin American social channels for a US audience.
In this role, you will also facilitate translation tasks between our English and Spanish websites, ensuring content remains current and aligned. Proficiency in both English and Spanish will be essential to effectively convey our message across languages. A basic understanding of design and video principles will further enable you to assist in creating diverse content as needed.
Social channel support
- Help develop all social media copy and content for donors.
- Track social engagement and questions/comments in our posts and inboxes
- Identify marketing opportunities through social listening, identifying donation trends/opportunities.
- Explore ways to optimize giving on social platforms.
- Optimize our YouTube presence, adding missing content and creating playlists.
- Work with Latin American Communications Coordinator to identify new stories and compelling content from the front lines of our work and adapt them for a US audience.
- Review and report on KPI’s by utilizing social media, web, and donor report analytics.
- Prepare monthly recap presentations.
- Optimize our website SEO search results, in both English and Spanish, fine-tuning meta data, photo descriptions, 404 errors, etc.
- Translate and update new pages/blogs on both the Spanish and English sites.
- Collaborate on photography and graphics for campaigns, social, newsletters, web, and other updates.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- 1+ years working in an office environment
- Strong initiative with ability to anticipate senior management’s needs, proactively identify and troubleshoot issues, and propose well-researched, logical solutions
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills and good judgment as to when, how, and with whom to consult
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily workload
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Service and team-oriented mindset
- Ability to design/edit in Canva
- Passionate and knowledgeable about conservation and other environmental issues.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree
- Experience working remotely
- Keen awareness and insight into trends and dynamics, encompassing perspectives from both the US and Latin American vantage points.
- Ability to edit short video content.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft OneDrive and Sharepoint and the entire Microsoft Office suite (must be able to learn quickly if lacking this knowledge)
- Experience with organization’s other frequently used software (Adobe, Salesforce, Zoom, GoogleDrive)
- A self-starter and flexible
- Warm and professional communicator
Nature and Culture’s Values
Our values are important to us. They are core to who we are and we strive to live them in everything that we do.
- Bottom-up. We pursue conservation that is locally driven, primarily by indigenous and rural communities and subnational governments whom we treat as partners and equals. This means a commitment to active listening. It means promoting a staff culture where everyone (junior and senior staff alike) has a voice.
- Funds to the field. We recognize that robust administration, financial management, development and marketing are key to our success, and we strive for efficiency with a small international team so we direct the lion’s share of funds to the field where the magic happens.
- Commitment. Design and implement programs with the long-term in mind to ensure lasting conservation outcomes.
- Stay agile, innovative and entrepreneurial, adapting effectively to challenges and seizing new opportunities as they arise.
- Diversity and inclusivity. Include diverse communities and cultures as equal partners in every aspect of our work. Encourage and celebrate diversity among our staff.
- Adapt and share. Learn from our successes and mistakes and share this learning with others. Remain open-minded to learn from others.
Nature and Culture International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We value diversity and seek actively to build an inclusive applicant pool and pursue a thoughtful hiring process, including a diverse hiring committee, carefully designed interview questions and mindfulness about unconscious biases.
Reviewing applications on an ongoing basis